to City of Washington Council
Dedication and willingness to work together regardless of Politics
8 Years as City of Washington Councilman
- Director of Parks and Buildings – successful in acquiring over 1 million dollars in recreational grant funding.
- Created Capital Improvement Fund which is funded each year to purchase Police, Street Department and other City vehicles.
- Helped the City go from a 2.1 million dollar deficit to an A- rating.
- Negotiated Union Contracts for the Police, Fire, Teamsters and SEIU Unions.
- Member of City of Washington and East Washington Borough Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee.
- Founding Member of City of Washington Citywide Development Corporation created in 2011.
- Helped the City avoid becoming a distressed City by intuiting DCED Early Interveniton recommendations.
10 Years as Chairman of Washington East Washington Joint Authority
- Negotiated (2)-four year Union Contracts
Facts of Interest
- Tax paying property owner/School taxpayer for 40 years.
- Owner of a City of Washington based HVAC business for 20 years.
- Married to Tina Faust for 40 years and father of two daughters who attended Wash High.
- Board member of (TEC) Transitional Employment Consultants for 9 Years and an active supporter.
- Work to complete and fund the emergency exit for the Washington Park and Washington Park Elementary School.
- Continue to secure additional funding for Recreation to improve the Washington Park and all four neighborhood playgrounds.
- Work with the Citywide Development Corporation and the Business District Authority to address Blight in the City Neighborhoods and Downtown areas.
- Work with the Washington Business Authority and W & J Business Incubator Program to attract new businesses to the city to spark sustained economic development.
- Seek funding and solutions for the storm water and infrastructure issues in the City. Work to address the numerous flooding issues within the City.
- Work with council to address the upkeep and paving of all City owned roads.
VOTE YES TO FAUST
CONTINUE TO KEEP DRAMA OUT OF CITY HALL AND TO ENHANCE THE FUTURE OF THE CITY OF WASHINGTON
paid for by the candidate